Students should indeed have a good time during their summer irrespective of the fact that they cannot afford to pay as much as those working a full time job. So we decided to have a special program for them. We offer School, College and University student groups a unique opportunity for two cultures to interact and for the group to do some hands on work, Our itineraries provide the right mixture of adventure and education and make a logical choice especially towards Cultural Tourism which is strong in the student sector.
We expose students to new and stimulating situations which help to build confidence in young people, both now and for their future.
Day 1: Arrive at Entebbe
- Transferred to Accommodation location, dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Tour
- “Insider’s tour” of the Uganda Wildlife Education Center
- Lunch, afternoon departure to Jinja. Check in on arrival.
Day 3: Jinja
- Visit Soft Power projects including a pre-pri. school and health Clinic
- Service learning with Soft Power Education Work with Soft Power and
- Ugandans to build or renovate primary schools in Jinja area
Day 4: Jinja
- Visit source of the Nile, Bujagali falls and enjoy white water rafting.
Day 5: To Kibale Forest National Park
- Morning departure for Kibale Forest, Late afternoon arrival
- Evening forest walk to observe nocturnal life
- Educational session: primates of Kibale Forest
Day 6: Kibale Forest National Park
- Morning briefing chimpanzee trekking
- Afternoon visits to Bigodi Primary and Secondary Schools
- Meet teachers and students and learn about Uganda’s education system, visit classrooms and plant trees
- Participate in traditional crafts: making baskets and mats from sustainable materials, Watch students perform traditional dance.
Day 7: Kibale Forest/Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Morning: depart for Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Late afternoon game drive
- Evening educational session with tourism lecturer
- Animal behavior, Conservation issues and strategies
- Status of Africa’s wildlife, Human-wildlife conflicts.
Day 8: Queen Elizabeth National Park
– Morning game drive
– Afternoon guided boat launch on the Kazinga Channel
– Evening educational session with lecturer
Day 9: Queen Elizabeth/Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Morning game drive, visit to the salt mine
- Afternoon departure for Bwindi
- Evening educational session: the critically endangered mountain gorillas by lecturer of Conservation through Public Health
- Behavior and ecology , Conservation challenges and successes
- Human-gorilla conflicts.
Day 10: Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Gorilla tracking, Late afternoon Guided walk in Bwindi area communities
- Observe traditional activities such as a Natural Healer, brewing banana wine, crop harvesting, etc and then Relax.
Day 11: Bwindi/Kampala
- Morning departure for Kampala, Arrive Kampala early evening.
Day 12: Kampala
Morning: City tour and souvenir shopping – a surface look into the real Uganda and its people. Afternoon or evening departure to Entebbe for your flight.